The Divide

The Divide

Monday, February 27, 2012

Snowy RMNP


I love Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) in the summer. The summer weather at altitudes ranging from 7,000 to 12,000 ft. varies from warm to quite cool.  These are the altitudes I have access to by road and trail when I am there in summer since I'm not a mountain climber.  The highest elevation in the park is 14,256 at the summit of Long's Peak.  The park in the winter is like a different world.  There is almost always more snow in the park than you will see in Estes Park.  This day was particularly beautiful with a clear sky.  Yes, it was cold--the temperatures were probably in the high twenties, which actually doesn't feel too bad as a result of the sun and reflective qualities of the snow.  I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment